Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Past...

I should have thought twice before I walked through those doors...
the doors of uncertainty, instability, and remorse.
Laying there was a woman I knew...
barely holding on to whatever she could.
I had always blamed her and hated her for her lies...
but the only thing I wish now was that we wouldn't have to say our goodbyes.
For every tear she brought to my mother's eyes...
I knew she would pay far above in the skies.
But I see her lying there all wounded and broken...
and I can't help but pray...there is still much left unspoken.
Please don't take her, I silently pray...
as the machine pumps away the life that remains.
Her pain is my pain...
her guilt is my guilt...
If she doesn't make it through...
I don't know how we would.
Our lives are connected, the past is the past...
Please God bring her back...
and let the past be the past.

1 comment:

osiris said...

this is so sad! I felt the emotion in this.