Monday, October 13, 2008

YOU

If only I had words to say
How you make me feel each day
If only I could make you feel
How nothing seems to be so real

It’s like I died and left my past behind
And through the blur, only memories defined.
Like how it rains when we’re apart
Yet when we kiss in it, you hold my heart

You captivate me by your touch,
Your face, your smile, your love, and such.
When I think of how I’d be without you
My heart starts swelling, as though on cue

As the radio’s on and songs are played
The lyrics run on, but in my heart they’ve stayed.
Like when I work, and smiles are bound,
They’re never as big as when you’re around.

Nothing just seems to be the same.
Now that you’re here, I have you to blame.
I hate you for being so close to me
‘Cuz now when you’re gone, you’re still all I see.

P.S.
And everytime that we’ve broken up
I’ve always felt I could hold up.
But the truth is that when it becomes almost final
I actually really become quite frightful.

I can’t stand the thought of losing you
You’re what makes me feel so brand new.
…..That’s a common phrase that people say
But I really do mean it in every way.

…..I know my poetry can’t be considered art,
But I meant every word, with all of my heart.
…..and I love you so much, it’s just so hard to say;
And it’s hard to imagine I love you more everyday.

No comments: